Chicken Mashed Potato Bowls Family Style
I just love KFC's mashed potato bowls so I decided to create my own.
- Mashed potatoes homemade or flakes
- 1 can of corn
- 1tbs pepper
- 1tbs garlic powder or 1 clove fresh garlic pressed
- 2c shredded colby jack cheese
- Bacon bits homemade or Oscar Mayer real bacon bits (don't use imitation)
- 1 can chicken gravy
- Fried chicken (about 16 small nuggets) or any leftover chicken I use leftovers from my copycat chick-fil-a recipe
I usually make this the day after I make my copycat chick-fil-a fried chicken nuggets they are to die for :) but you could always use any type of left over chicken or even chicken nuggets but please make sure you use cooked chicken in this.
Heat oven to 425
Prepare 6 servings of mashed potatoes adding the pepper and garlic to give them zip. A little tip I use chicken broth instead of water when making mashed potatoes from flakes.
Spread 1/2 the prepared potatoes in the bottom of a 8x8 baking dish
Sprinkle 1c cheese over potatoes
Place chicken in one layer over the cheese
Sprinkle 1/2 bacon bits over chicken
Drain corn and place evenly over chicken and bacon
Spread the remaining potatoes over the top
Sprinkle the remaining cheese and bacon bits over the potatoes
Bake for 20 min
Heat Chicken gravy and serve on the side for your family to use as they like.
Serve in bowls :)