This is one of my favorite ways and a very popular one.
Year by Year School Keepsake Box
What you will need:
- 1 hanging file folder bin per child with lid. It can be see through or colored and if you want to get really fancy you can get wicker ones from Amazon for about $25 here.
- 1 pack tabbed or untabbed hanging file folders letter size.
- 1 pack tabbed file folders.
- 1 pack printable address lables.
- 1 pack card stock
- 1 pack photo corners. Used to secure photos
Assemble your box.
Hang 13 file folders (k-12).
Place one tabbed file folder in each
Print each year on the printable address lables and place on the tabbed file folder
Create your main page in each year.
It should have the essentials on it a place for a photo or two, grade, teacher, and school.
Print on card stock
I like everything to be uniform from year to year so I make a template on my computer and use it for every year. Just print out 13 of them (k-12) and pop them into their year and your ready to go.
If you do not want to make your own here is one I snagged from the net. (not my creation).
Fill your folders up and enjoy!
Store your photo corners in the back of the box.
Things to keep:
Photos of favorite art work
A few pieces of art
Copies of schedules (middle and highschool years)
Photos of events mounted on cardstock with photo corners